Ready for a smile makeover without the pain of other dental procedures? No-prep veneers are the contact lens of the dental world. Like porcelain veneer restorations when bonded to teeth, no-prep veneers are incredibly strong and transformative without the need to damage any enamel to apply the veneer.
If you’re searching for a dentist in Billings, MT, who can offer you the service of no-prep veneers, Dr. Rath and her dental team at Taylor General & Cosmetic Dentistry will exceed your expectations.
Difference Between Porcelain Veneers And No-Prep Veneers
People tend to consider the different types of veneers as interchangeable, with just some minor difference in what they are made up of. But when it comes to the differences between porcelain veneers and no-prep veneers, there are some clear differences that can help you choose between the different types of veneers.
Tooth Structure Changes
- Porcelain Veneers – Often, a considerable amount of the tooth’s outer enamel and sometimes the dentin below will need to be removed and shaped to place a porcelain veneer.
- No-Prep Veneers – Sometimes, some of the enamel of the tooth will need to be shaped, but there is a minimal amount of change done before the no-prep veneer is placed.
Time Needed To Prepare
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers can take longer preparations, as the tooth structure needs to be altered.
- No-Prep Veneers – With minimal-to-no prep time, you can have your smile revitalized in no time.
- Porcelain Veneers – As porcelain veneers extensively shape the tooth structure, you will need a general anesthetic to numb your mouth to prevent pain.
- No-Prep Veneers – Generally, no numbing shots are needed with no-prep veneers.
How No-Prep Veneer Can Change Your Smile
No-prep veneers are suited to helping people with a variety of cosmetic dental issues. Some of the dental issues that this type of veneers can be helpful with are:
- Light stained or discolored teeth
- Teeth that are cracked or chipped
- Worn-down teeth
- Smiles that have gaps between teeth or spaces
- Correct small teeth
- Enhance a smile overall
- Alter the shape of misaligned teeth
- Reshape misshapen teeth that are pointy or other shape issues
Also, as no-prep veneers are considered non-invasive, they can be safely applied to the teeth of adolescents as well as adults looking to change their smiles.
Considerations Prior To Choosing No-Prep Veneers
There are some considerations to keep in mind when it comes to no-prep veneers. So, before you choose this option, some of the things that you may want to keep in mind are:
- Dental insurance does not often cover no-prep veneers, as is the case with most cosmetic dentistry.
- As no-prep veneers are thin and don’t tend to change the structure of the tooth, they will not be able to make major changes to your teeth, just subtle ones.
- Composite bonding can be used to correct one or two teeth you would like to have a more regular appearance, rather than choosing a set of no-prep veneers.
To see if you are a good candidate for no-prep veneers or if another cosmetic dentistry intervention would work better, you can consult with Dr. Rath, our dentist.
Choose No-Prep Veneers With Taylor General & Cosmetic Dentistry
No-prep veneers have become a wonderful and predictably effective treatment for our patients here at our dental clinic. Many people are afraid of going to the dentist, but the idea of having a new smile also appeals to them.
In the end, most people do not pursue their desire to improve the appearance of their teeth because of their dental fears. But now, with no-prep veneers or pain-free veneers available at our dental office, our patients can finally reconcile their fear of the dentist and their desire to receive a smile makeover.
To give you a quick idea of some of the results, take a look at the following before-and-after photos:
Cases like the one shown above require a dentist to have advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, functional occlusion, and dental diagnosis to be able to tell which treatment is best for each unique patient.
Dr. Rath has advanced cosmetic training and is able to guide his patients toward a treatment that not only accomplishes their aesthetic goals but also supports her patients’ overall oral health.
For these shot-free veneers, Dr. Rath uses only the best laboratories in the country that produce exceptionally high-quality and aesthetic restorations. Using ordinary labs usually means a large compromise in looks and quality. For complex and aesthetic cases, Dr. Rath only uses labs that are accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Call our dental clinic to make an appointment for a consultation today if you’re interested in the transformation made possible by no-prep veneers. We are ready and excited to help you have the best smile possible.