When you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in Billings, MT, you want an expert who has the latest tools and techniques to take care of you. Whether you need a smile-makeover or simply want whiter teeth, working with an experienced cosmetic dentist can make a huge difference.
That’s why here at Taylor General & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Taylor has spent years honing his craft and provides cutting-edge service such as laser dentistry. With his experienced care, you can enjoy superior laser cosmetic dentistry in Billings, MT.
What Is Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry is a type of dentistry that lasers are used to treat a variety of dental issues, ranging from tooth decay to yellowed teeth. The laser part of the name is actually an acronym, standing for ‘Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation’ (LASER). While laser dentistry is still not well-known, it has been in use in dental practices for over 30 years.
When in use, laser dentistry instruments will create a focused and narrow beam of light energy that will react when it makes contact with your dental tissue. By using laser dentistry, our dentist can reshape or remove tissue to care for your smile.
Benefits Of Laser Cosmetic Dentistry
Many dental services will focus on how laser dentistry improves regular dental treatment. While there is a significant benefit to using lasers during regular treatment, there are a number of great cosmetic dentistry benefits to using lasers.
- More comfortable treatment method – Instead of drilling and other hard dental tools, lasers can make cosmetic dentistry treatment more comfortable. While local anesthetic will often still be used, laser dentistry is often considered far less uncomfortable.
- Treat stubborn cold sores – Cold sores can be both painful and unsightly. You can address a stubborn cold sore with laser dentistry. Also, you don’t have to wait to get your cold sores treated. Once you know you have cold sores, you can come in and have Dr. Taylor take care of your cold sores.
- Reduce gummy smile – Laser dentistry can be used to reshape a gummy smile. With the lasers, our dentist can reduce the amount of gum tissue covering your teeth for a more toothy smile.
- Remove tissue folds – When wearing dentures, there can be soft folds of gum tissue that cause your dentures to fit poorly. To correct the fit and increase your comfort, Dr. Taylor can use lasers to remove these tissue folds.
- Whiten teeth – Likely the best-known application for lasers in cosmetic dentistry is to help whiten your teeth. Thanks to dental lasers, you can enjoy a whiter, brighter smile much faster than with older methods.
- Lengthen crowns – Sometimes, when you need a dental crown placed, there may not be enough room on the tooth for a crown to be placed. Our dentist can reshape your gums to lengthen the amount of exposed tooth you have so that your crown can be successfully placed.
Laser Dentistry In Billings, MT, Is Used By Our Cosmetic Dentist
You don’t have to travel out-of-state to receive premier cosmetic dental care. Instead, you can entrust Dr. Taylor with your smile, and he will do his best to help you reach your dream smile. As you can see from our Smile Gallery, many people have come to Dr. Taylor with a host of dental issues, and have enjoyed their smile renaissance.
If you are interested in laser dentistry as part of your cosmetic dentistry treatment, please contact us today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Taylor, and let us help you reach your perfect smile!